About Me And Our American Travels
How can a simple Southern mother of five reach so many people each year with a blog about traveling in America?
We all know there are hundreds of travel bloggers out there. You could go to any of these blogs and find great information about traveling, but Our American Travels is just what the names says. It encourages families to travel together and discover AMERICA. I want you to discover and enjoy the hidden family restaurants, beautiful mountains and beaches, and even the theme parks.
I LOVE America and everything it has to offer. I want to share my family’s favorite places for you and your family to discover.
I Googled traveling trends and was a little surprised to find I am not the only one who travels only in America. A lot of people are choosing to stay in the United States.
The main reasons Americans are choosing to travel in America include:
- The number one reason is always COST!
- Conflicts throughout the world have left many with safety doubts.
- There is so much to see, and most people never vacation in their backyard, there are a lot of places to discover.
- No long flights or delays.
- You know the language.
- People drive on the same side of the road as you do.
- No customs or immigration requirements.
The people are similar all over U.S, but the food and culture are very diverse. You can discover Southwestern, California, Cajun, Southern and New England lifestyles and cuisine without leaving the good old USA.
My traveling explorers include my husband, mother-in-law, and children ages from 14 to 25.
My goal is to share the details of places we all enjoy. Hopefully, the places we visit will encourage you to spend time traveling with your family. Our American Travels will give you ideas for terrific places all over America to explore.
Our American Travels gives you answers to questions like “Where can we go/do this weekend?” “Where would be a great place to vacation everyone will enjoy?” “Is that restaurant any good?” “What does that theme park offer for ____?” “What is it like to go RVing?
I would love for you to follow my blogs! I send out weekly emails whenever new posts are added to my blogs and what is happening behind the scenes. You will receive access to lots of FREE Printables for following along. Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread Here! Follow Our American Travels Here!
Where am I from?
My name is Diane Roark. Mobile, Alabama is where I was born and raised. Since being married, I have lived all over the South including Tennessee, Louisiana, and Georgia. Currently, I live near Little Rock, Arkansas.
My husband and I have been married since August 1984. We have five children between the ages of 15 and 26. Our twin boys are named Casey and Caleb. Caleb was born with a brain bleed and has had seventeen brain surgeries. Caleb has cerebral palsy, seizures, processing problems and rarely speaks. He was born with a brain bleed and has had seventeen brain surgeries.
You can read more about Caleb here.
Our youngest two children are adopted from Eastern Europe at ages four and seven years old.
Growing up, my mom walked out and left our family when I was thirteen. I learned quickly how to cook and still love it today. My blog is all about helping others find a love for cooking by preparing easy recipes to help put dinner on the table quickly. I love my cast iron skillet, Crockpot, and one pot meals. Cooking healthy is always a goal for me, but you will find the delicious southern recipes on my blog too. My favorite recipes are my desserts. It is no lie, I have a huge sweet tooth.
I am passionate about faith, family, food, blogging, cooking contests, traveling, and my new love of photography.
RECIPE COOKING CONTEST FINALIST:
I have been a finalist in the following recipe contest.
- TODAY Show Ultimate Cook-Off Contest, May 2017
- KARK T.V. Channel 4 in Little Rock, Arkansas BBQ, Best Barbecue Sauce Recipe in Arkansas, June 30, 2017
- RecipeLion’s Summer Potluck Recipe Challenge, July 31, 2017
- I am thrilled to tell you I am a Wild Card in the World Food Championships in Orange Beach, Alabama, November 8 – 14, 2017.
Working With Brands
I believe that the best advertisement for a product is word of mouth. If I am looking to purchase a new product, I search for someone who has used the product to give me their opinion. I use both my recipe blog, Recipes For Our Daily Bread, and travel blog, Our American Travels, to promote brands I use and love.
My Two Blogs
Recipes For Our Daily Bread was started November 2011, and Our American Travels was started November 2015.
Social Media Followers as of August 2017 Include:
- Current Email Followers – 4,500
- Pinterest – 49,940
- Twitter – Recipes for our Daily Bread – 5,143
- Twitter – Our American Travels – 1107
- Google+ Diane Roark – 4,278
- Google+ Recipes for our Daily Bread – 887
- Facebook– Recipes for our Daily Bread – 11,177
- Facebook – Our American Travels – 214
- Instagram – Recipes for our Daily Bread – 1019
- Instagram – Our American Travels – 390
- YouTube – 235
- Blog Lovin – 120 I have followers on YELP, Urban Spoon, and Trip Advisor.
PAGEVIEWS: 509,508 November 12, 2016, to December 12, 2016 for RECIPES FOR OUR DAILY BREAD
Demographics for Recipes for our Daily Bread
Do you have a product or service that is family friendly?
Then you are just the advertiser that my readers would love to support. Together, we can help build families who want to spend more time together.
I would be thrilled to use my blog to promote any products or services which encourage families to spend time cooking together, eating around the table together, playing together and vacationing together.
What is included in each Post? How much does it Cost?
- A post for your product with at least three pictures.
- Includes a larger picture 735 x 1200 for Pinterest
- Will include any packaging in the pictures.
- Include three “No Follow” Links. back to social medias or blog.
- Will not usually accept offers without being able to try out the product.
- Cost per post $350 for Recipes for our Daily Bread and $200 for Our American Travels. – This is based on the number of my pageviews, email, and social media followers. As that grows, I will update the price on this page.
- Keep in mind that once I agree to write a post, it takes about three to four weeks before it is up on my blog.
Buy a post on Recipes For Our Daily Bread blog $350.00
Please email me first to see if your brand will be a good match for Recipes For Our Daily Bread. diane at recipesforourdailybread com
Buy a post on Our American Travels blog $200.00
Please email me first to see if your brand will be a good match for Our American Travels