Thank you for stopping by Our American Travels to check out Fish Hatchery in Branson.
The Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery is a great place to take the entire family. It is not only a great place to visit, but it is FREE.
You will love the price of admission, which is FREE. This makes it an even better activity to do with the entire family. The fish hatchery is located next to Lake Taneycomo and Table Rock Dam. We learned about the trout production process from incubation all the way until they are released. After 15 months of care and feeding, the fish hatchery releases 2.5 million fish every year into Missouri lakes to keep up with the demand for fishing. Thousands of these trout are released every month into Lake Taneycomo which makes it an unbelievably great place to trout fish.
The different stages of trout are held together in huge tanks at the fish hatchery. You can see my son Caleb looking at the fish in one of the tanks. Notice the Dam in the background. The fish hatchery’s address is 483 Hatchery Road off Hwy 165.
Right next to the Branson Fish Hatchery is a quiet park nestled in between shade trees and located on Lake Taneycomo. The park has restrooms and picnic areas. Enter the parking lot of the fish hatchery and drive toward the lake. The park is on the left.
A trout permit is required to trout fish anywhere on Lake Taneycomo.
As far as we could see, down both directions of the lake, fishermen were enjoying the day trout fishing. We saw several fishermen actually catching fish from the Lake Taneycomo that was stocked by Shepherd Of The Hills Fish Hatchery.
OTHER BRANSON REVIEWS
Roark Family Favorite Branson Shows
- SILVER DOLLAR CITY THEME PARK
- SILVER DOLLAR CITY CULINARY CLASSES
- Sight & Sound Theater
- 90,000 sq ft Of The Best Classic Cars
- Crafts & Cowboy Festival Silver Dollar City
- Dogwood Canyon Pictures Review Pt 1
- Missouri Nature Park at Dogwood Canyon
- The Haygoods
- Dixie Stampede
- IT show
- The Branson Belle
- Rent A Boat Table Rock Lake State Park
Roark Family Favorite Branson Restaurants
- College of the Ozarks – Best Dinner and Sunday Brunch Branson
- Danna’s BBQ – Best BBQ
- Billy Gail’s – Best Breakfast
- Billy Bob’s – Best Hamburgers
- Freddy’s – Best Patty Melts, fries, and Sundaes
- Hook and Ladder Pizza
- Mel’s Hardluck diner – Great Singing Wait Staff
This is strictly my opinion of great places to visit in Branson, Missouri.