About Me And Our American Travels
How can a simple Southern mother of five reach so many people each year with a blog about traveling in America?
So, here’s the real me! And… the real family behind the blog, Our American Travels. The real reasons people enjoy this travel blog.
We all know there are hundreds of travel bloggers out there. You could go to any of these blogs and find great information about traveling, but Our American Travels is just what the names says. It encourages families to travel together in AMERICA.
I Googled traveling trends and was a little surprised to find I am not the only one who travels only in America. A lot of people are choosing to stay in America.
The main reasons Americans are choosing to travel in America include:
- The number one reason is always COST!
- Conflicts throughout the world have left many with safety doubts.
- There is so much to see, and most people never vacation in their backyard, there are a lot of places to discover.
- No long flights or delays.
- You know the language.
- People drive on the same side of the road as you do.
- No customs or immigration requirements.
- The people are similar all over U.S, but the food and culture are very diverse. You can discover Southwestern, California, Cajun, Southern and New England lifestyles and cuisine without leaving the good old USA.
Not only do I believe in the list above, but I also LOVE AMERICAN, Food, Theme Parks, Glaciers, Mountains, Beaches, and on and on. You do not have to go far to experience other cultures or food either.
The United States has so much to offer. Some of our favorite places have been discovering Alaska, Maine, Alabama Beaches, Branson (Silver Dollar City), Gatlinburg (Dollywood), and restaurants all over America.
My traveling explorers include my husband, mother-in-law, and children ages from 14 to 25.
My goal is to share the details of places we all enjoy. Hopefully, the places we visit will encourage you to spend time traveling with your family. Our American Travels will give you ideas for terrific places all over America to explore.
Our American Travels gives you answers to questions like “Where can we go/do this weekend?” “Where would be a great place to vacation everyone will enjoy?” “Is that restaurant any good?” “What does that theme park offer for ____?” “What is it like to go RVing?
I would love for you to follow my blogs! I send out weekly emails whenever new posts are added to my blogs and what is happening behind the scenes. You will receive access to lots of FREE Printables for following along. Follow Recipes For Our Daily Bread Here! Follow Our American Travels Here!
Where am I from?
My name is Diane Roark. Alabama is where I was born. I have lived all over the South including Tennessee, Louisiana, and Georgia. Currently, I live near Little Rock, Arkansas.
My husband and I married in August 1984. We have five children between the ages of 13 and 24. Our twin boys are named Casey and Caleb. You will hear me talk about Caleb often. He was born with a brain bleed and has had seventeen brain surgeries. Caleb has cerebral palsy, seizures, processing problems and rarely speaks. Our youngest two children were adopted from Eastern Europe at ages four and seven years old. They have many struggles themselves.
Growing up, my mom walked out and left our family when I was thirteen. I learned quickly how to cook easy recipes and still love them today. My blog, Recipes For Our Daily Bread, is all about helping others prepare easy recipes to help put dinner on the table quickly. I love my cast iron skillet, Crockpot, and one pot meals. Cooking healthy is always a goal for me, but you will find the delicious southern recipes on my blog too.
I Am Passionate About
I am passionate about faith, family, food, travel, and my new love of photography. My blogs are used to encourage others. I believe that the best advertisement for a product is word of mouth. If I am looking to purchase a new product, I search for someone who has used the product to give me their opinion.
Recipes For Our Daily Bread was started November 2011, and Our American Travels was started November 2015. Travel posts on Recipes For Our Daily Bread were moved to Our American Travels in November 2015.
Social Media Followers as of March 2016 Include:
- Current Email Followers – 10,000
- Pinterest – 41,267
- Twitter – Recipes for our Daily Bread – 2,823
- Twitter – Our American Travels – 222
- Google+ Diane Roark – 3,961
- Google+ Recipes for our Daily Bread – 4212
- Facebook- Recipes for our Daily Bread – 10,749
- Facebook – Our American Travels – 182
- Instagram – Recipes For Our Daily Bread – 706
- Instagram – Our American Travels – 172
- Bloglovin – 87
- I have followers on YELP, Urban Spoon, and Trip Advisor.
Demographics for Recipes for our Daily Bread
Do you have a product or services that are family friendly?
Then you are just the advertiser that my readers would love to support. Together, we can help build families who want to spend more time together.
I would be thrilled to use my blog to promote any products or services which encourage families to spend time cooking together, eating around the table together, playing together and vacationing together.
What is included in each Post? How much does it Cost?
- Write a post for your product with at least three pictures 745 x 425.
- Include a larger picture 735 x 1200 for Pinterest
- Glad to include any packaging in the picture.
- Link back to three of your social medias or blog.
- Will not accept offers without being able to try out the product.
- Cost per post $250 for Recipes for our Daily Bread and $100 for Our American Travels. – This is based on the number of my pageviews and social media followers. As that grows, I will update the price on this page.
- Keep in mind that once I agree to write a post, it takes about three weeks before it is up on my blog.
- For an Additional $100, I will do an instructional recipe video.
- Contact me for a price on creating a travel review video.
PRODUCT REVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
I would never recommend a product that I would not use myself. Therefore, I would like to have a product to review to give a fair judgment of the product. I also request a second item to give away in the post about the review to promote the product.
I always want to be able to give my honest opinion. If I do not feel like I can write a positive review, I will contact your company before writing the post.
I will include direct links back to your company, your product page, or other links you may wish. I will also promote the review and giveaway on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, and any other social media sites.
ADVERTISING ON MY BLOG
If being compensated in any way for any advertising, I will state that on my blog.
I am currently accepting ads for my right sidebar size 300 by 250.
Cost per month for a 300 x 250 Ad in the right sidebar is $300 on Recipes for our Daily Bread and $100 on Our American Travels.
I will promote your company on my social medias during the month.
You can also write a post about your company, and I will post it on my blog and share it on all my social medias.
COMPANIES & PRODUCTS I HAVE WORKED WITH INCLUDE:
Take a look at all my GIVEAWAYS & REVIEWS.
Gooseberry Patch’s Cookbooks
Cuisinart – Several products
Debbie Macomber’s Cookbooks
Tovolo – Kitchen Products
Debbie Adler’s Organic Treats Cookbook
Joseph & Joseph Kitchen Products
Epicurean Cutting Boards
V Matter Chefs Knife
Hiland Dairy Company
Future Opportunities I Would Enjoy Promoting
- Wholesome Entertainment for the Entire family
- Family Friendly Restaurants
- Family Friendly Vacation Destinations
- Household items
- Kitchen items and gadgets
- Cooking Magazines
- Christian movies, music, games, books, bookstores, electronics (apps, software), and more
- Family Friendly TRAVELS including Hotels, Restaurants, Attractions, and more.
FREE PRINTABLES PLUS FAMILY TRAVEL IDEAS FOR NEWSLETTER FOLLOWERS